Monday, March 2, 2009

When God Speaks: Take What You Need (Esther)

When God Speaks:“Take What You Need”
January 1, 2009



Esther was the daughter of Abihail, who was Mordecai's uncle. (Mordecai had adopted his younger cousin Esther.) When it was Esther's turn to go to the king, she accepted the advice of Hegai, the eunuch in charge of the harem. She asked for nothing except what he suggested, and she was admired by everyone who saw her.–Esther 2: 15

"Pack light."- Erykah Badu

Well….WE MADE IT! Have you thanked Him yet? We are alive in 2009- the year in which, we were told last night, God will manifest more of His greatness in His children and release us into higher levels of destiny and purpose! Are you ready? No, really, are you ready? What I'm wise enough to know is not everyone will "rise, repossess and receive" in this new year. Some people will still allow themselves to remain victims of past disappointments and pain, limiting their own potential and growth. But there are a few of us who left some stuff in 2008 because we refused to allow it to see the dawn of this new mercies filled day.

Though I am well rested, I never really took a "break" because God used some of everything (and everybody) to speak to me- especially with this particular verse. If you're unfamiliar with the story of Hadassah (Esther), she was taken by her cousin to be placed among the women from whom the king would select his next wife. Each woman went through one year of preparation and then spent one night in the king's palace. With them, they could take whatever they believed would assist in wooing him. When it was Esther's turn, she only took what her overseer suggested and was selected as the next queen. When I asked God what He was telling me through this story, simply and softly, I heard: "Candice, in 2009, take what you need and leave everything else." "Okay, but God, what's that?" "The lessons you learned from every trial that came with this year." Yea and Amen!

Leave the hurt but take the lesson. Leave the fear but take the lesson. Leave the embarrassment but take the lesson. Leave the frustration but take the lesson. Leave the anger but take the lesson. Leave the bondage but take the lesson. More and more, I'm learning that what we call pain, God calls purpose (that spoke volumes to me, if no one else). And in this year of manifestation and release, if you are to excel, you cannot continue to wallow in the misery of days gone by. That, as my friend Robert said, would "just be stupid."

I am ready. 2008 came and it is here no more. For that alone, I praise Him. But He's given me this year- the one I've coined as My Year of Application and Cultivation. I will apply the lessons I've learned and will continue to cultivate my purpose and potential. What is this year for you? Allow yourself to "Refine in '09" (Sheleda came up with that one!). Give God the space to manifest His glory and greatness within you. He can't do it if you've crowded it with non-essentials. Or in the words of the new Mary J. Blige Chevrolet commercial that Delishia and I love so: "You've got the space to take everything with you but the wisdom to leave the baggage behind." Well alright!

Happy New Year, Beautiful People! Happy New Year!


©BirthRight, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment